1. WHAT IS A CIRCULAR ECONOMY?
Traditionally, the linear economy follows the “take-make-dispose” plan: raw materials are collected, then transformed into products that are used until they are rejected as scrap. Fundamentally different from a linear economy, a circular economy is an economy system of closed loops that employs reuse, sharing, repair, remanufacturing and recycling to minimize the consumption of resource inputs, thus manage long-lived products and equipment.
2. WHY A CIRCULAR ECONOMY MUST BECOME THE “NEW PLASTICS ECONOMY”?
Today, 95% of plastic packaging material value or USD 80 – 120 billion annually is lost to the economy after a short first use. Besides, globally, from the period of 1950 to 2015, only 9% of plastic waste generated was recycled. Determining plastics waste as a renewable resource, the circular economy aims to eliminate waste, maximize value and treat plastics correctly and efficiently. Further, it is also approaching innovation, social inclusion, and economic development.
3. ABOUT THE CONFERENCE:
In the framework of Plastics & Rubber Vietnam, Hanoi 2019, the international conference under theme “CIRCULAR ECONOMY – FORMULA FOR THE PLASTIC INDUSTRY’ S SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT” will be organised by Informa Markets in Vietnam and Revival Waste.
Time: 08:00 – 12:00 | 28/11/2019
Venue: Seminar Room, Hall A, I.C.E, 91 Tran Hung Dao, Hanoi
The conference aims to provide the Vietnamese plastics enterprises with the global picture of the circular economy, case studies from the world’s leading companies and the access to sustainability for plastics SMEs.
4. WHO ARE SPEAKERS?
5. WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
– Government natural resources, environment and recycling officials, and related agencies.
– Environmental organisations.
– Manufacturers and distributors in the plastic sector, supporting industry and engineering businesses.
– Packaging, Labeling and Recycling producers.
– Retailers and FMCG stakeholders.
– Entrepreneurs and investors seeking to understand the market and connect with decision makers to help shape their ideas and partner with their startups.
6. WHAT DO YOU GAIN FROM ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE?
> Learn how a circular economy can create a new green industry over the world
> Understand the importance of recycling and the demand for recycled products
> Attain the roadmap for Vietnam plastics enterprises, especially for SMEs in the vision of a circular economy implementation
> Start to identify the support from administrative policies and financial aids of Vietnam Environment Protection Fund in the sustainable process
7. HOW TO REGISTER?
>> Click HERE and fill out the application form.
– The conference is free-to-attend for pre-registrants only.
– Limited seats are available, please reserve your attendance before November 25, 2019.
– For further information about the conference, please contact Ms. Xuan Quynh (Alice) at firstname.lastname@example.org / Mobile: 0967821104
NOTE: CLICK HERE TO VIEW ABSTRACT OF THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE!